This morning I released fedocal version 0.7.1.
With this version comes a number of new features which I thought would be nice to advertise a little :-)
The main calendar view & the menu
The main calendar view has had two additions:
- a pop-up stipulating if there are meetings present that week that are not displayed in the current window (for example, if you're seeing the meetings from 8am to 6pm and there is a meeting at 7pm, or at 4am).
- shortcuts to interact more easily with the calendar. These shortcuts contains three actions: Add a meeting, switch to list/calendar view, iCal feed.
The menu now highlights the calendar you are looking at to make things easier on you.
The list view
When viewing a calendar as list, fedocal will now automatically scroll down to the display the meetings of today or the future meetings.
In addition, this page also has the three shortcut buttons mentioned above (add meeting, switch view mode, iCal feed).
The detail view
We have added three new features in the page showing the details of a meeting
- permalink: when the user clicks on the pop-up showing the details of a meeting the url is updated to provide a permalink to that specific meeting. This allows one to copy/paste the url and send it to someone.
- countdown: with the help from mpduty we have added a countdown in the meeting detail view showing the remaining time before the meeting starts. This can nicely circumvent the timezone conversion if you are not logged in fedocal and want to know when a meeting starts
- UTC titles: if you hover over the dates/times with your mouse, the date/time will be shown in UTC which is always handy as in our community UTC remains quite often the most used way to communicate date/time.
I would like to take here the opportunity to thank kparal, ralph, willo, red and lbrabec for their bug reports and RFE that led to all these changes which I think are making fedocal 0.7.1 its best release so far :-)